Friday, May 06, 2005

Crazy Week

well. Thank God its friday. What a crazy week.

So many stupid things happening...

monday - Labour day holiday replacement since Sun was 1 May - May Day. Yea. Can sleep till 11am..

tue - nuts. work. jam again... The road on Federal Highway (KL Malaysia) is always a killer. It's Malaysia's biggest car park in the morning and rush hour.

wed - Great. What else can go wrong ? Customer calls from Kertih, Trengganu - some big oil and gas company and starts with P. go figure. 2 of the customer's server's HDD (hard disk) died and its on Raid 5 . So the server is down. Double Bad luck. Normally one 1 HDD dies on a "normal" server but 2 HDD dying is really bad. What to do ? We don't have a spare in the office. So I check with Acer. But I dun have the Supercare ID. So the engineer goes back to find the ID. Got it. Thank God it's still under warranty - until July 2005. Great. God is still on my side. So Acer's support will log the call and send the 2 HDD by next business day. I can sleep now..

Thurs - nuts. I get the Acer Kuantan engineer on the phone. He says only 1 HDD is on hand. What to do ? I call back the P Engineer cum customer. He says no big deal. Get the other HDD in by Friday. Go for lunch. Customer calls. P Manager wants the darn HDD by night time or there's gonna be a "Penalty" (nope. this is not the one in Football games. A penalty in the IT services means a Fine or Saman. Darn. That could be around RM10K to RM 20k. There goes my job)

Arrrhhh.... Its already 200pm and I need a panadol. So I escalate this thing to the Acer Support in USJ3. Told Jason the supervisor. OK. He will get back to me. Cut short the story. Acer Kuantan engineer calls and says he now has 2 HDD. Yes. God is on my side again. Customer sends email and says 2 HDD arrives in Kertih around 530pm. Great. Now I can really sleep better and I' dont have to go for a lobotomy.

Fri - busy day again....Cancel a meeting in morning. Pick up some pendrives and pay my rent. Go for meeting. Wife goes to see a chinese sifu in Sungei Way for some traditional massage where they beat your dirty yang from your body. Woh. I can see blue and black marks all over her legs. That's ugly. Looks like some fish scales. Reach home. Open letter box in the dark. Saw a cat climb out the front. Use torch light to see if there is any more letters. Darn. Saw a small kitten. Could be only 1 to 3 days old. Damn female cat stares at me and makes hissing sounds from the letter box opening. Woh. Scares me. Stupid cat gave birth in the letterbox ? Possible. Maybe the area is a temporary shelter ? Anyway. Need to find a way to evict them. Dont want da cat to scratch my wife. I'm calling the Cat nappers in tomorrow. Gnite

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home